Page Builder - Visual Composer Plugin
1. Activate Page Builder
To start using Visual Composer, go to Page --> Add new and click on Backend Editor
2. Basic Usages
a. Add Elements: To add new elements, just click on Add Element
b. Row Settings and Column Settings
Row Settings - General:
- Parallax: You can select to use parallax feature or different style here. In case, parallax feature is turned on, there is an option for you to add parallax image.
- Row Type: There are 2 row types: Full-width and Boxed. For Boxed style, default padding-left and padding-right are 15px.
- Overlay Parallax: This option allows you to add overlay color when parallax feature is used.
Row Settings - Design Option: When you edit Row Settings or Column Settings, you can edit Design Option
- Padding: You can add padding for each element here.
- Border: You can create borders to wrap your element by adding values here.
- Margin: Similarly, you can set margin by adding values here.
c. Edit/Duplicate/Remove Elements:
+ Offline Documentation: available in plugin folder of Theme package downloaded
+ Online Documentation: Refer to its online documentation.
Font Awesome Icons
Font Awesome Icons are supported in this theme. You can select your favorite icons in this link: http://fontawesome.io/icons/.
How to add Icons:
- Step 1: Select your favorite icon.
- Step 2: Copy its classes and add to its positions.
1. How To Create Menus
Step 1: You can manage main menu by going to Appearance--> Menus.
Step 2: Then you click Create Menu and type menu name.
Step 3: You can generate menu items from left side and drag the generated menu at the right side to sort it. After that, next task is assign menu to theme locations which could be Primary Menu, Menu Left, Menu Right and Menu Canvas
- Primary Menu: This menu is normal theme location.
- Menu Left: a customized menu used when you select your menu type where your logo is center. Refer to example
- Menu Right: a customized menu used when you select your menu type where your logo is center. Refer to example
- Menu Canvas: a customized menu used when you desire canvas menu type. To use this menu, you just check to locate your menu to this type and enable Mega Menu as well. Refer to example
To learn more about menu settings, you can refer to this link: http://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_Menu_User_Guide
2. Mega Menu
This theme takes advantage of Max Mega Menu plugin which allows you to create and manage your mega menu easily.
Learn more about this plugin: http://www.maxmegamenu.com/documentation/getting-started/installation/
Step 1: Go to Appearance --> Widgets
Step 2: On the left frame, you can choose widgets that you need to use, drag and drop on sidebar right on the right frame
- Sidebar Default: This sidebar appears in Blog pages.
- Sidebar Login: This sidebar is used to add login form. You can add this sidebar to any page using Widgetised Sidebar widget. Example: Home Version 4
- Sidebar Header: It is used for home page. You can use Ethic: Title Detail Page element to have it look like demo.
- 4 footer columns: You can add any widget displayed in your footer.
Step 1: Firstly, select numbers of columns. Go to Appearance --> Theme Options -> Footer Options.. Default Footer is divided into 4 columns. You can choose number of displayed columns.
Step 2: Configure width of each column. You should notice that total width is 12.
Step 3: Navigate to Appearance -> Widgets. You can drag and drop any widget that you want to use in Footer positions.
To change the Copyright line at the bottom of the website, you navigate to Theme Options-> Copyright. You can see in our demo.
Below information provides you with foundations of how to create a post/portfolio with categories and tags.
A post contains 2 basic elements: Post Categories and Post Tags., so that you can manage all your posts easily. This part will introduce you to post categories and how to create them.
To add new post categories, navigate to Posts --> Categories
There are some post types available so that you can make your posts diversified. Detailed information for each type is mentioned below:
Another post type is audio. Go to SoundCloud's website and open an interesting audio. Then copy its ID and paste it to this option.
5. Video HTML5
This option allows you to add background image to your video. You have to add all video types including: webm, mp4 and ogv. You can refer to Section Video to know how to get these links.