How to use Field
1. How to access
Select Components → TZ Portfolio → Fields from the drop-down menu on the back-end of your Joomla! Installation. Fields manager is used in order to add or edit or delete Fields.
2. How to use column headers
You can use these column headers to sort the list by that columns’ value. The list will be sorted in the order that the sort icon will be shown next to the column name as below.
- Ordering. Up-Down Arrows Users can use it to order the items according to them, default is order of item creation. When active, drag and drop ordering by ‘click and hold’ on the icon then ‘release’ in desired position.
- Checkbox. Check this box to select one or more items. To select all items, check the box in the column heading. After one or more boxes are checked, click a toolbar button to take an action on the selected item or all items. Many toolbar actions, such as Publish and Unpublish can work with multiple items. In addition, such as Edit, only work on one item at a time. If multiple items are checked and you press Edit, the first item will be opened for editing.
- Status. Status of Fields, Published, Unpublished.
- Title. The name of the item. This entry cannot be empty. You can open the item for editing by clicking on the Name.
- Group. Which group this item belongs to.
- Type: Which type this item belongs to.
- ID. This is a unique identification number for this item assigned automatically by Joomla!. It is used to identify the item internally, and you cannot change this number. When creating a new item, this field displays 0 until you save the new entry, at which point a new ID is assigned to it.
3. How to use column filters.
Over the column headers on the right, there are three drop down input fields, Sort Table by: (preset to Ordering), Select the ordering (preset to Ascending) and a number (preset to 20) to display.
These column sorting input fields show the current method of sorting applied to the table. Use the drop down field choices and click the column heading name. Alternatively, click on the column heading to sort the list by that column’s value. This will also change the value in the drop field to correspond with the column header name. The list will then be sorted in order by that column and a sort icon (up or down arrow) will show next to the column name. Click a second time to reverse the sort, which will change the corresponding drop field.
- Ordering (default). The column in which to sort displayed items in the table. The values are the same as the column heading names.
- Ascending (default). Shows ordering of selected column, ascending or descending.
- # (default is 20). Shows the number of items to display on one page, default is 20 items. If there are more items than this number, you can use the page navigation buttons located at the bottom of the table. (Start, Prev, Next, End, and page numbers) to navigate between pages.
4. How to use toolbar
At the top left you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- Publish. Make the selected fields available to visitors to your website.
- Unpublish. Make the selected fields unavailable to visitors to your website.
- New. Open the editing screen to create a new field.
- Edit. Open the editing screen for the selected field. If more than one article is selected (where applicable), only the first article will be opened. The editing screen can also be opened by clicking on the Name of the field.
- Delete. Delete for the selected fields.
- Options. Open the Options window where settings such as default parameters can be edited.
- Video Tutorials. Open these Video tutorials.
- Wiki Tutorials. Open this wiki.
5. How to use filters
Users can use one of filter types as follows:
- Filter by Partial Title. On the upper left is a filter or search for group field and two buttons, as shown below. You can use it to search the title of the item which you want to find.
- Filter by Type, Group or Status
It helps you show only items that have a specific type, or Group or Status assigned. The list box will show the types defined for creating or editing article, similar to the example below.
- Page Controls. When the number of items is more than one page, you will see a page control bar as shown below. The current page number being viewed is shaded.
Start: Click to go to the first page.
Prev: Click to go to the previous page.
Page numbers: Click to go to the desired page.
Next: Click to go to the next page.
End: Click to go to the last page.
6. How to Add or Edit
- Add, Edit: This is the back-end screen where you can add and edit Field. The same screen is used for adding a new Field and editing an existing Field. You can also select the Group and Type for a Field and indicate whether it is Published or not and if it is selected to appear on the Form Create or Edit Article. The Field’s description is edited using the default editor selected in the User Manager – New/Edit.
Enter the detail information for the Field, as shown below:
- Title: The Title for this item
- Fields Group: Select the field group for this Field from the list box. If you selected ‘— Select Group —’ for the Section, the Fields Group will automatically be ‘— Select Group —’.
- Published: Whether this item is published or not
- Type: Select the type for this field from the drop-down list box. This item must select.
- ID: When creating a new item, this field displays 0 until you save the new entry.
- Description: The description for the item
After information is already entered the full enough, click on the icon save in the toolbar:
Save: Saves the menu item and stays in the current screen.
Save & Close: Saves the menu item and closes the current screen.
Save & New: Saves the menu item and keeps the editing screen open and ready to create another menu item.
Cancel/Close. Closes the current screen and returns to the previous screen without saving any modifications you may have made.
7. How to add or edit fields for Article
Fields Group. Select the Fields group for this Article from the drop-down list box. If selected ‘Inherit Category’ for the Section, the fields will automatically get selected by category.
- TZ Extra Fields Options:
1st: Go to Extensions/TZ Portfolio/Options/General
2nd is to configure for each article using field. In this way, when creating an article, you can see on the right hand where you can show or hide or use Global (the default which you configured in the 1st way).