How to use Group Field
1. How to access
Select Components → TZ Portfolio → Fields Group from the drop-down menu on the back-end of your Joomla! Installation.
Group Fields manager is used to add, edit and delete Groups fields.
2. How to use column headers
You can use these column headers to sort the list by that columns’ value. The list will be sorted in the order that the sort icon will be shown next to the column name as below.
To select one or more items, you can use the checkbox
To select all items, check the box in the column header. After one or more boxes are checked, click a toolbar button to take an action on the selected item or all items. Many toolbar actions, such as Publish and Unpublish can work with multiple items. In addition, such as Edit, only work on one item at a time. If multiple items are checked and you press Edit, the first item will be opened for editing.
- ID: This is a unique identification number for this item assigned automatically by Joomla!. It is used to identify the item internally, and you cannot change this number. When creating a new item, this field displays 0 until you save the new entry, at which point a new ID is assigned to it.
- Name: This is the name of the item. This entry cannot be empty. You can open the item for editing by clicking on the Name.
3. How to use column filters.
Over the column headers on the right, there are three drop down input fields, Sort Table by: (preset to Name), Select the ordering (preset to Ascending) and a number (preset to 20) to display.
These column sorting input fields show the current method of sorting applied to the table. Use the drop down field choices and click the column heading name. Alternatively, click on the column heading to sort the list by that column’s value. This will also change the value in the drop field to correspond with the column header name. The list will then be sorted in order by that column and a sort icon (up or down arrow) will show next to the column name. Click a second time to reverse the sort, which will change the corresponding drop field.
- Ordering (default). The column in which to sort displayed items in the table. The values are the same as the column heading names.
- Ascending (default). Shows ordering of selected column, ascending or descending.
- # (default is 20). Shows the number of items to display on one page, default is 20 items. If there are more items than this number, you can use the page navigation buttons located at the bottom of the table. (Start, Prev, Next, End, and page numbers) to navigate between pages.
4. How to use toolbar
At the top right you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- New. Open the editing screen to create a new group field.
- Edit. Open the editing screen for the selected group field. If more than one article is selected (where applicable), only the first article will be opened. The editing screen can also be opened by clicking on the Name of the group field.
- Delete. Delete for the selected group fields.
- Options. Open the Options window where settings such as default parameters can be edited.
- Video Tutorials. Open these Video tutorials.
- Wiki Tutorials. Open this wiki.
5. How to use list filters
The List Filters, above on the left, and other filters as detailed below are in the left, bottom sidebar. These filters are a series of controls that let you limit what items show in the manager screen. More than one filter may be entered. In this case, only items that meet all of the filter conditions will show on the list.
- Filter by Partial Title. On the upper left is a filter or search for group field and two buttons, as shown below. You can use it to search the title of the item which you want to find.
To filter by partial title, enter part of the title and click Search.
Click X to clear the Filter field and restore the list to its unfiltered state.
- Page Controls. When the number of items is more than one page, you will see a page control bar as shown below. The current page number being viewed is shaded.
Start: Click to go to the first page.
Prev: Click to go to the previous page.
Page numbers: Click to go to the desired page.
Next: Click to go to the next page.
End: Click to go to the last page.
6. How to add or edit
- Add /Edit
To add a new Group field, press the ‘New’ icon in the toolbar. To edit an existing Group field, click on the Group field title or click the Group field’s checkbox and then click on the Edit icon in the toolbar.
You can see a table as blow:
Name: The Name for this item. This may not display on the page.
ID: When creating a new item, this field displays 0 until you save the new entry
Description: The description for the item. These descriptions are entered using the same editor that is used for Fields in Articles.
After information is already entered the full enough, click on the icon save in the toolbar:
Save. Saves the menu item and stays in the current screen.
Save & Close. Saves the menu item and closes the current screen.
Save & New. Saves the menu item and keeps the editing screen open and ready to create another menu item.
Cancel/Close. Closes the current screen and returns to the previous screen without saving any modifications you may have made.
Notes: This item has no parameters.
7. How to add Group field for Category
In the form to add or edit category, can choose or not choose Group field in entry Field Group as shown below:
After Field Group was selected, click on the Save or Save & Close or Save & New or Save as Copy icon with edit in the toolbar.