HOW TO USE TAGS
1. How to access
Select Components → TZ Portfolio → TAGS from the drop-down menu on the back-end of your Joomla! Installation. Tag Fields manager is used to add, edit and delete Tags.
2. How to use column headers
You can use these column headers to sort the list by that column’s value. The list will be sorted in the order that the sort icon will be shown next to the column name as below.
- Check box. Check this box to select one or more items. To select all items, check the box in the column heading. After one or more boxes are checked, click a tool-bar button to take an action on the selected item or all items. Many tool-bar actions, such as Publish and Unpublish can work with multiple items. In addition, such as Edit, only work on one item at a time. If multiple items are checked and you press Edit, the first item will be opened for editing.
- Status. Status of Tags, Published, Unpublished.
- Name. The name of the item. This entry cannot be empty. You can open the item for editing by clicking on the Name.
- ID. This is a unique identification number for this item assigned automatically by Joomla. It is used to identify the item internally, and you cannot change this number. When creating a new item, this field displays 0 until you save the new entry, at which point a new ID is assigned to it.
3. How to use column filters
Over the column headers on the right, there are three drop down input fields, Sort Table by: (preset to Name), Select the ordering (preset to Ascending) and a number (preset to 20) to display.
These column sorting input fields show the current method of sorting applied to the table. Use the drop down field choices and click the column heading name. Alternatively, click on the column heading to sort the list by that column’s value. This will also change the value in the drop field to correspond with the column header name. The list will then be sorted in order by that column and a sort icon (up or down arrow) will show next to the column name. Click a second time to reverse the sort, which will change the corresponding drop field.
- Ordering (default). The column in which to sort displayed items in the table. The values are the same as the column heading names.
- Ascending (default). Shows ordering of selected column, ascending or descending.
- # (default is 20). Shows the number of items to display on one page, default is 20 items. If there are more items than this number, you can use the page navigation buttons located at the bottom of the table. (Start, Prev, Next, End, and page numbers) to navigate between pages.
4. How to use toolbar
At the top you will see the toolbar
The functions are:
- New. Opens the editing screen to create a new tag.
- Edit. Opens the editing screen for the selected tags. If more than one article is selected (where applicable), only the first article will be opened. The editing screen can also be opened by clicking on the Name of the tags.
- Publish. Makes the selected tags available to visitors to your website.
- Unpublish. Makes the selected tags unavailable to visitors to your website.
- Delete. delete for the selected fields.
- Options. Opens the Options window where settings such as default parameters can be edited.
- Video Tutorials. Opens this Video tutorial.
- Wiki Tutorials. Opens this wiki.
5. How to use filters
Users can use one of filter types as follows:
- Filter by Partial Title. On the upper left is a filter or search for group field and two buttons, as shown below. You can use it to search the title of the item which you want to find.
- Filter by Status. It helps you show only items that have a specific Status assigned. The list box will show the types defined for creating or editing article, similar to the example below.
- Page Controls. When the number of items is more than one page, you will see a page control bar as shown below. The current page number being viewed is shaded.
Start: Click to go to the first page.
Prev: Click to go to the previous page.
Page numbers: Click to go to the desired page.
Next: Click to go to the next page.
End: Click to go to the last page.
6. How to add or edit tags
- Add or Edit
To add a new Tag, press the ‘New’ icon in the toolbar. To edit an existing tag, click on the tag title or click the tag’s checkbox and then click on the Edit icon in the toolbar.
You can see a table as blow:
Save. Saves the menu item and stays in the current screen.
Save & Close. Saves the menu item and closes the current screen.
Save & New. Saves the menu item and keeps the editing screen open and ready to create another menu item.
Cancel/Close. Closes the current screen and returns to the previous screen without saving any modifications you may have made.
7. How to add tags for article
To add more Tags, these must be separated by a seal: “Enter or , or /”