How to install and uninstall Wordpress plugins manually
Plugins are mainly developed with customed functions and features, so that you can easily tailor sites to specific needs. Most popular Worpress plugins are available in Wordpress plugin Repositoties. On one hand, it's so easy for you to begin installing these plugins in back-end. On the other hand, there are some reasons that you essentially need to install plugins by manual.
1. Being interested in a plugin which isn't included in Wordpress plugin Directory.
2. Your server limits automatic installation of some plugins
3. In case, you really wish plugin installation under your control.
Note: With One-click installation, all suggested plugins are visably shown out on plugin screen. You're supposed to click on link "begin installing plugins" to finish the process.
Or in case you want to install plugins via Wordpress admin, please go to Dashboard > Plugins > Add new > Upload plugin (Zip file)
Make sure that you downloaded the Zip file of that plugins to your computer.
After uploading, installation screen will display results as successfull or any troublesomes happened during the proccess.
If successful, click "Activate plugin" to activate the newly-installed plugin.
Manual Installation via FTP
- Download the favourite plugins to your computer
- Extract ZIP file from plugin package downloaded
- Take a thorough look at "Readme" file, in order to fully acknowledge installation instruction and customization
- Upload file to wp-content/plugins folder in your online wordpress directory
After that, you need to go to Dashboard > plugins > navigate all newly-installed plugins, and then click on "Activate". When there is a message appearing on the screen, notifying that all plugins activated, so you're done.
Manual uninstalltion via FTP
Generally, Wordpress allows you to easily deactivate most of installed plugins via dashboard. However, some plugins are not supported with automatic deactivation from back-end, which makes you address via FTP program. Here below is the way you can proceed it.
- Login your site via FTP
- Go to wordpress plugin Directory and navigate the plugins installed before
- Delete that Wordpress plugins folder or files from your server
If you come across any problems with installing plugins, as well as other theme-related issues, don't hesitate to contact us to get the best support here.