1. Log into your Joomla back-end, then go to Extensions > Languages > Overrides
2. Click on the button "New" to create a new override.
3. Using the Search tool to search for either a "Language Constant" or a "Value". A language string is composed of two parts: a specific language constant and its value. For example, in the string: COM_CONTACT_CONTACT_EMAIL_NAME_LABEL="Name" - COM_CONTACT_CONTACT_EMAIL_NAME_LABEL' is a constant and "Name" is a value.
4. To translate these labels in contact form: Name, Email, Subject, Message ..., you need to type them in Search box, in order to look for a relevant constant. After that, select a value or a constant appearing in the result list generated, and change your words in the textarea box on the left, then save.
Here below are language strings for Joomla contact form:
5. After having done all changes, go to your Contact page and check the results. Please note that, this is only an example for overriding fields in Joomla contact form. Beside that, you can easily do the same steps applied to other values and constants.
We hope this tutorial is helpful for you to not only override language of fields in Joomla contact form, but also language of other sections. Please leave a comment if you have any questions or feedback for us.