TemPlaza, the website built and improved by TemPlaza., JSC. We supply templates and other qualified applications on Joomla and WordPress.
What’s New in Joomla! 3.5?
Joomla! 3.5 Beta has just been on release and nearly 2 months for the Joomla! 3.5 ready to go. So what’s new in this launch?
Let’s have a look at the new features!
Joomla! CMS 3.5 Beta 1 released
Currently, Joomla! CMS 3.5 Beta 1 has been released for testing in order to provide quality assurance for the forthcoming 3.5 release.
Please do not upgrade any of your production sites to the beta version as beta is ONLY intended for testing and there is no upgrade path from Beta. The developers and user are encouraged to work with this release to prepare for the stable release of Joomla! CMS 3.5.
Roadmap to Joomla! CMS 3.5
The schedule is now as follows:
• 17 November: Beta 2
• 1 December: Release Candidate
• 8 December: 3.5 Stable
Please note that dates may be subject to change depending on availability of volunteers and circumstances beyond our control.
What’s new in Joomla! 3.5
Besides fixing the issues in the previous version, it includes the following possible features:
1. Update emails plugin which periodically checks for updated Joomla! versions and, when one is found, emails the Super Users of the site to remind them.
2. Plugin to gather basic anonymized data as an opt-out to better understand the install base and end user environments.
3. Count items feature to add the number of published, unpublished and trashed articles in the Category Manager for the articles, banners, contacts and newsfeeds.
4. Added site and admin links to Module User Status to show/hide links to the frontend and backend of the site.
5. Ability to add a user CSS file to Protostar to see if the file user.css exists and loads the file to allow user customization.
6. Download system/environment information for support purposes.
7. TinyMCE with drag and drop images feature
8. Backwards Compatibility break: String class had to be renamed to StringHelper for Joomla! 3.5 to run on PHP 7.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: You can click here to see more details.
Thanks for reading :)