Start - Document v1.0
- Created: August 14, 2014
- By: TemPlaza
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for purchasing my theme. If you have any questions that are beyond the scope of this help file, please feel free to post it on our forum here. Thanks so much!This documentation was made only with the Documenter (except the images)
- Full WordPress 3.9.x Compatibility
- Easy installation
- Infinite button
- Display Video(Youtube ID, ViMeo ID), Slider, Image
- jQuery Masonry Script
- The events calendar
- Responsive design
- Bootstrap integrate
- Custom meta boxes
- Post/Page Meta box
- Shortcodes enabled in widgets
- Many background patterns available
- Advanced theme options panel (Theme Options Section)
- Multi-level menu
Step 1: - Unload the downloaded file
Step 2: - You will see 4 folders inside (data-demo, document,plugin and theme)
Step 3: - Install theme with following sub-steps:
Step 3.1. - Download and install WordPress. You can download installation package on WordPress homepage Click here
Step 3.2. - Install Start theme in Theme Folder: Appearance--> Theme--> Add New--> Upload Theme--> Activate--> Install Plugins
So,you have installed Start Love theme successfully. Next, you will prepare database to serve your aim (Skip step 4). You can also use our available database. If you use available database, you will continue with step 5.
Step 4 - Install available database in folder data-demo. You navigate to Tools ----> Import ----> WordPressAfter installing WordPress Importer, you choose data file and continue importing. Video Tutorial for Theme Installation
Create Post Categories
To create category, go to Posts > Categories
Create Post tags
To create Tags, go to Posts > Tags
Create blog posts
To create blog post, go to Posts > Add New and fill your content
The Video Type can be YouTube or Vimeo
How to get YouTube ID
How to get Vimeo ID
Description single article
This description will appear below post title as you can see in following picture:
Create Portfolio Categories
To create portfolio categories, you go to Portfolio--> Portfolio Categories
Create Portfolio Tags
To create portfolio tags, you go to Portfolio--> Portfolio Tags
Logo & Favicon
You go to Appearance--> Theme Option--> Logo & Favicon. There are two logo type available for you: Logo text and Logo Image
Go to Appearance--> Theme Option--> Footer Options. Then, you can configure footer for your single pages. Footer is divided into columns which you can change its number.
Notice: The maximum number of columns is 4 and total widths is 12.
You navigate to Appearance--> Theme Option--> Copyright.
The position of copyright will be:
Go to Appearance--> Theme Option--> 404 Page.
Navigate to Appearance--> Theme Option--> Google Analytics
You go to Appearance--> Theme Option--> General Options.
You go to Appearance--> Theme Option--> Font Option.
Go to Appearance--> Theme Option--> Custom CSS
You navigate to Appearance--> Theme Option--> Background.
You navigate to Appearance--> Theme Option--> Single Option.You can configure your single pages which is not homepage here.
1. Page Builder
With this theme, you can create unlimited number of template variations. It follows the same user interface used by Menus & Widgets page; therefore you can drag and drop items to build your templates. You can also position these items flexibly.
To create new template, you go to Appearance--> Page Builder--> Click Create a new template
After choosing your items, you are going to configure them for serving your purposes.
Then, you go to Pages--> Add New, create Home page and choose template created above.
Next, you go to Settings--> Reading
2. Home Block
There are 3 options for you to create your own interesting home block. You should choose one of them:
Option 1: Home Image
Option 2: Home Slide
With this option, you can show your background images on slide. You add your images and fill all other information as same as Home Image option.
Option 3: Home Video
One of special features of this theme is that it allows you to create your home page with video which will make your web site more vivid and attractive.
For this option, you should upload both two types of your video which are MP4 and OGV.
Notice: You can also upload an extra image. This image will be displayed as background image in case your video does not play or your web site is not responsive when you use in mobile.
Other information will be same.
1. Create About Us Part
To create About Page, you go to Appearance--> Page Builder, choose About us block, then drop it on the right frame and enter your information.
To have interesting icons, Click here
Notice: If you want to emphasis a word or phrase, eg: Everything (in title Everything About Us), you should enter as following structure:
Video Tutorial for About Us Block
2. Create What You Need Part
To create this part, you go to Appearance--> Page Builder, choose What You Need block, drop it on the right frame and enter your information.Notice:
- If you choose Home Video option for Home page and you do not upload your image for What You Need part, the video chosen will be default setting for this part. But if you upload your image, this image will be displayed.
- If you choose Home Slide option for Home page and you do not upload your image for What You Need part, slideshow setting chosen for Home page will be default setting for this part. But if you upload your different image for What You Need part, this image will be displayed.
- If you choose Home Image option for Home page , you can choose different image too.
- If you want to emphasis on a word or phrase, you should use a following structure:
After that, you should add new offerbox. For example:
And the result will be:Video Tutorial for What You Need Block
1. Team members
Step 1: You go to Appearance--> Page Builder, drag Team Member block and drop it on the right frame and enter your information.
Step 2: You add new members by clicking Add Members:
The result will be:Video Tutorial for Team Block
2. FeaturesStep 1: Background
- You go to Appearance--> Page Builder, drag Features block and drop it on the right frame and fill in the form.
- For Upload image background option, there are some notices of this part as same as of Create What You Need Part which are in About Block
Step 2: New features.
* Minimum feature number is 3 features.
* Maximum feature number is 5 features. You can add new feature by choosing Add new.
* Enter your information in New features box
* You will have the result:
* You enter Title, Image and Description.
* You configure your customers.
The final result will be:
* You go to Appearance--> Page Builder, drag Purchase block on the left frame and drop it on the right frame.
* Then, you can configure it.
You can refer to demo for example:
With this block, it is so excited to show all your beautiful images and interesting videos.
To create Portfolio, you navigate to Appearance--> Page Builder and choose Portfolio block
After positioning it on the right frame, you are going to configure it
Taking demo as an example, you can see guidance easily:Video Tutorial for Portfolio Block
Firstly, you go to Appearance--> Page Builder and choose Blog Block, then you place it on the right frame.
Secondly, you are getting started to configure it.
The appearance of Blog Block will be:Video Tutorial for Blog Block
Step 1: Contact form
Before you create Contact Block, you should ensure that you have already installed Contact form 7 and you can easily recognize Contact option on WordPress Dashboard
Next, you go to Contact--> Contact forms. You change the old contact form to new one by copying following codes:
<div class="col-sm-6"> [text your-name placeholder "Full Name"] </div> <div class="col-sm-6"> [email your-email placeholder "Email Adress"] </div> <div class="col-sm-12"> [textarea your-text placeholder "Message"] </div> <div class="col-sm-12"> [submit "SEND MESSAGE"] </div>
Step 2: Contact Block
* You navigate to Appearance--> Page Builder, pick Contact Block up and place it on the beside frame to start setting up
* You upload your background image, contact title and description. You should also refer to What You Need Part of About Block for some notices.
* Next, you will add new partners:
Step 1: Create new menu. You go to Appearance--> Menus. Then, you click Create a new menu and give your menu a name.
Step 2: Create Home title: You choose this item on the left frame and add to menu.
Step 3: Create About, Team, Portfolio, Blog, Contact Titles. You choose Links option, enter URL link structure and displayed name as in following picture, then add to menu.
- URL structure link will be: Copied part + ID. Eg: /WordPress/Start/#about
- Copied part will be the part following domain name. Eg: ".com"
- ID will be ID of block you want to link to.
- List of ID:
- About us = #about
- Team Member = #team
- Portfolio = #portfolio1
- Blog = #blog
- Contact = #contact
Step 4: Menu Block. You go to Appearance--> Page Builder, choose Menu Block and drop it on the right frame where you want menu to be displayed.Video Tutorial for Menu
Footer is divided into columns and maximum number of columns is 4. The total widths of 4 columns is 12. However, the number of footer columns and their widths can be changed.
Footer Settings include 2 steps:
Step 1: Column setting
Column Settings of this theme include 2 different parts: For Home Page and for other pages
Part 1: For Home Page
* You go to Appearance--> Page Builder, drag Footer block on the left frame and drop it on the right frame.
* After that, you are going to configure footer setting for Home page.Video Tutorial for Footer Block
Part 2: For other pages
* For other pages which are single pages, to set up column number, you should go to Appearance--> Theme Options--> Footer Options
The result will be:
Step 2: Footer Contents
To add footer content, you should refer to Widgets for guidance.
Go to Appearance > Widgets
On the left frame, you can choose widgets that you need to use, drag and drop on sidebar right on the right frame
You also can click items on left frame, then choose where it is and choose Add Widget
Sources and Credits
- jQuery Infinite Scroll
- jQuery Isotope
- Video: Tishaun Dawson
- Photos by deposit photos
- Font Awesome 4.1.0
- ScrollTo Jquery Plugin
- Retina.js v1.1.0
- PrettyPhoto 3.1.5
- Backstretch v2.0.4
- CountTo Jquery Plugin
- Query Easing Plugin
- HTML5 Placeholders for ie
- MIXITUP - A CSS3 and JQuery Filter and Sort Plugin
- jQuery One Page Nav
- Jquery Appear Plugin
- Modernizr Plugin
- Bigvideo Jquery Plugin
- Video Jquery Plugin
- Fonts are OpenSans, Oswald, Raleway, Novecento Sans Wide Free Font
- Video Tutorial for Theme Installation
- Video Tutorial for Home Block
- Video Tutorial for About Block
- Video Tutorial for What You Need Block
- Video Tutorial for Team Members Block
- Video Tutorial for Features Block
- Video Tutorial for Milestones Block
- Video Tutorial for Purchase Block
- Video Tutorial for Portfolio Block
- Video Tutorial for Blog Block
- Video Tutorial for Contact Block
- Video Tutorial for Menu
- Video Tutorial for Footer Block